Apply for Internships NOW with the Africa Program at The Wilson Center!
The Wilson Center's Africa Program is looking for fall interns to start at the end of August! If you have a passion for African development, politics, and U.S./Africa relations, we encourage you to apply today.
Africa Program interns will be assigned to work directly with the Africa Program Director in support of project activities for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Duties will include:
· Searching for source material at area institutions and online sources;
· Analyzing, summarizing and filing research materials;
· Proofreading and editing written work;
· Translating key documents from French to English and English to French;
· Attending and reporting on Africa-related events in and around Washington;
· Helping Africa Program staff manage and update the database;
· Assisting Africa Program staff in preparing public events, including managing mailing lists, RSVPs, and physical setup;
· Assisting with office reception duties, including telephone, greeting visitors, and mail sorting and distribution;
· Preparing Africa Program materials and publications.
The program is seeking current graduate students or recent college graduates who have an interest in Africa, preferably with some academic or experiential background in the continent. He/she should have basic computer skills on a variety of software platforms. Applicants with a background in Africa, conflict resolution, international development, international relations, journalism, social media, outreach & communications, event planning, and program administration will be considered. Fluency in French is preferred. Good research skills and an enthusiastic and responsible approach to unsupervised work are strong assets.
This internship is unpaid.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Derek J. Langford at Derek.Langford@wilsoncenter.org.
The Wilson Center is an equal opportunity employer and follows equal opportunity employment guidelines in the selection of its interns. Internships are open to all U.S. citizens and permanent residents and qualified international students with F-1 or J-1 visas