About the Wilson Center
Internships with the China Environment Forum
The China Environment Forum offers internships for students with an interest in, coursework related to, and/or experience working on topics of environmental and energy challenges in China.
CEF usually selects 2 interns for each academic semester (i.e., for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms of approximately three to four months); however, appointments can be made throughout the year for periods of varying length. No internship will exceed one year in duration.
These internships are designed to provide the individuals selected with the opportunity for practical experience in an environment that successfully mixes academic study with public policy. The intern will gain valuable experience in:
- Forum organization
- Library, Internet and interview-based research
- The preparation of digital and/or print publications and grants.
Internships also provide opportunities to attend events within the Wilson Center and around Washington.
Successful applicants should:
- Possess a high fluency in both written and spoken Mandarin Chinese (with a comfort level enabling translation of documents) OR conversational Chinese and strong English editing and writing skills
- Possess strong research skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to work independently and as part of a group
- Be enrolled in a degree program, recently graduated (within the last year) and/or have been accepted to enter an advanced degree program within the next year
- Have a documented interest in China, environmental studies or both.
CEF is only able to provide unpaid internships. As a general rule, we expect individuals to be able to devote 16 – 20 hours per week, depending on your schedule.
The Wilson Center is an equal opportunity employer and follows equal opportunity employment guidelines in the selection of its interns.
At this time, we are ONLY accepting applications for Spring 2014 internship. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Jennifer L. Turner
Woodrow Wilson Center
One Woodrow Wilson Plaza
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004-3027