Ipsos-Reid released the results of its latest poll comparing U.S. and Canadian attitudes, revealing convergence on a host of issues ranging from the role of government in caring for the poor and the elderly, to the importance of environmental protection as a critical component of economic development. To view the full poll results, click here.
Shiprider, officially the Integrated Cross-Border Maritime Law Enforcement Operations (ICMLEO), allows the U.S. Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Mounted Police to jointly conduct cross-border surveillance and law enforcement. This joint U.S.-Canadian maritime security program closes loopholes that criminals once exploited in shared U.S.-Canada waterways.
Global News Washington bureau chief Eric Sorensen and Paul Frazer, a strategic advisor for Canada-U.S. relations and Canada Institute Advisory Board co-chair, discuss the impacts Tuesday's election may have on Canada.
Clearing up restrictions that clog the Canada-U.S. border could save businesses in both countries as much as $30 billion a year, according to Canada's minister of international trade, Ed Fast.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute