On the occasion of his visit to Washington, D.C., the Prime Minister of Canada, the Right Honorable Paul Martin, delivered a significant foreign policy address titled "Canada and the World: Building on Our Values." The full speech is available here.
The Canada Institute launched a new Occasional Paper Series in January 2006. The inaugural publication by Dwight Mason discusses the challenges Quebec would have had to face in foreign and defense policy had the 1995 referendum led to the province's independence.
While the United States and Canada have different health and retirement systems, both potentially can learn from each other as they consider health sector and pension reforms.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute