The Canada Institute launched a new Occasional Paper Series in January 2006. The inaugural publication by Dwight Mason discusses the challenges Quebec would have had to face in foreign and defense policy had the 1995 referendum led to the province's independence.
Canada Institute public policy scholar Laura Dawson speaks to news media about the new Beyond the Border action plan and what it means for the U.S.-Canada relationship in light of the Keystone XL pipeline delay.
The Canada Institute was recently awarded the Canadian Public Relations Society's (CPRS) Bronze Award of Excellence in the category of government relations for their ninth Cross-Border Forum on Energy Issues.
A discussion of America’s borders with Wilson Center’s Canada Institute David Biette and Christopher Wilson, an associate with the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute