The Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, Brazil Institute and Canada Institute are saddened to learn of the passing of our dear friend, Dr. Robert Pastor.
The 105th American Assembly gathered in February 2005 for a discussion on "Renewing the U.S.-Canada Relationship." This event was co-sponsored by the Wilson Center's Canada Institute, the Canadian Institute for International Affairs, and The American Assembly of Columbia University.
The U.S. election will be held on Nov. 6 and here in Ottawa, top political and government players behind the scenes are sure to have been kept up to date on presidential and congressional races by Canada’s U.S. Embassy since last year, said former Canadian diplomat Paul Frazer who served as minister of the Canadian Embassy in Washington throughout the Clinton administration.
On the occasion of his visit to Washington, D.C., the Prime Minister of Canada, the Right Honorable Paul Martin, delivered a significant foreign policy address titled "Canada and the World: Building on Our Values." The full speech is available here.
The Center's Canada Institute needs a Program Associate to plan, develop and organize projects, conferences, and seminars; write articles; and assist with the preparation of proposals for funding and prepare narrative reports at the conclusion of the grant period. Please click on the PDF job announcement for rating criteria and how to apply.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute