The Canada Institute seeks a qualified part-time intern for the summer semester with an interest in, coursework related to, or experience working on Canadian policy topics and Canada-U.S. issues. Please note the deadline for the summer semester is April 1.
Nik Nanos explains his polling of environmental attitudes of Canadians and Americans. Topics include Keystone XL and the importance of tackling climate change together.
The trade relationship between Canada and Brazil has long been rocky, due largely to an ugly dispute over government subsidies to their respective airplane manufacturers—Bombardier and Embraer—in the late 1990s. During a visit to São Paulo last year, Prime Minister Stephen Harper lamented the “barely $6 billion in business” between the countries in 2010, vowing to renew relations with the South American powerhouse.
The Center's Canada Institute is engaged in a series of conferences that explore current and emerging issues in the U.S.-Canada relationship.
A report by the Eurasia Group for the Wilson Center's Canada Institute. As climate change renders the Arctic increasingly accessible, there has been a substantial uptick in industry interest in the region; it is believed an estimated $100 billion could be invested in the Arctic over the next decade.The Arctic contains vast oil and natural gas reserves - the U.S. Geological Survey estimates the Arctic could contain 1,670 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of natural gas and 90 billion barrels of oil, or 30 percent of the world’s undiscovered gas and 13 percent of oil. Energy companies are certain to be at the forefront of Arctic development and investment.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute