The Canada Institute seeks a qualified part-time intern for the summer semester with an interest in, coursework related to, or experience working on Canadian policy topics and Canada-U.S. issues. Please note the deadline for the summer semester is April 1.
Nik Nanos explains his polling of environmental attitudes of Canadians and Americans. Topics include Keystone XL and the importance of tackling climate change together.
The trade relationship between Canada and Brazil has long been rocky, due largely to an ugly dispute over government subsidies to their respective airplane manufacturers—Bombardier and Embraer—in the late 1990s. During a visit to São Paulo last year, Prime Minister Stephen Harper lamented the “barely $6 billion in business” between the countries in 2010, vowing to renew relations with the South American powerhouse.
NAFTA at 10
Ten years ago, President George H.W. Bush, Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, and President Carlos Salinas de Gortari initialed the North American Free Trade Agreement. During this two-day conference, these leaders and other distinguished panelists will discuss the impact of NAFTA on trade, globalization, and further integration of North America.
Canada Institute Occasional Paper No. 2
The Canada Institute Launches its latest One Issue, Two Voices publication on "Corporate Governance in Canada and the united States" to coincide with a speech by former SEC Chairman William Doanldson in Toronto on April 12, 2006 and with a breakfast briefing by authors Jay Lorsch of the Harvard Business School and Ed Waitzer of Stikeman Elliott in New York City on April 28, 2006.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
April 17, 2014 // 9:00am — 12:15pm
May 08, 2014 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute