The proposed American Jobs Act contains Buy American measures that will not only hurt Canadian manufacturers and suppliers, but will hurt the economic competitiveness of both Canada and the United States according to Public Policy Scholar Laura Dawson and Paul Frazer, co-chair of the Canada Institute's Advisory Board.
The Wilson Center's Cold War International History Project released Working Paper #68 from author John Soares. The paper uses Canadian archival sources to examine the diplomatic planning and difficulties surrounding the 1974 Canada-USSR hockey series.
WASHINGTON- Lee Hamilton, President and Director of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, has appointed Gerald (Gerry) McCaughey as chair of the advisory board for its Canada Institute. McCaughey is the President and CEO of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), one of the largest financial services institutions in Canada.
A panel of experts assessed the potential effects of the United States and Canada shifting North American oil supplies in light of Mexico's projected decline in oil production. At the conference, hosted by the Wilson Center's Canada, Mexico, and Brazil Institutes, they also examined the prospects of Brazil emerging as a major oil supplier.
The Canada Institute is pleased to announce the publication of former Canada Institute scholar Arthur Ray's new book, titled: Telling It to the Judge: Taking Native History to Court
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute