The C. Warren Goldring Annual Lecture on Canada-U.S. Relations featured former Wilson Center Director Lee Hamilton, who discussed the role of American power in a changing world.
Michael Hart, one of Canada's leading scholars on trade policy, has been named the next Fulbright-Woodrow Wilson Center Chair in Canada-U.S. relations.
The Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, Brazil Institute and Canada Institute are saddened to learn of the passing of our dear friend, Dr. Robert Pastor.
Drawing on expertise from both sides of the Canada-U.S. border, the One Issue, Two Voices series is designed to stimulate dialogue on policy issues that have a significant impact on the bilateral relationship.
When Canada, Mexico, and the United States negotiated the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) 12 years ago, it was greeted as the most ambitious and comprehensive trade deal ever signed but is it sustainable given the new trends in global trade governance? A March 13 conference, co-sponsored by the Center's Canada and Mexico Institutes, takes a closer look.
David Jacobson, former U.S. Ambassador to Canada, is the new U.S. co-chair of the Wilson Center's Canada Institute Advisory Board. He will join Canadian co-chair Hugh MacKinnon, chairman and chief executive officer at the law firm Bennett Jones. Together, Jacobson and MacKinnon will lead the Canada Institute’s long-term strategic direction and fundraising.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
March 14, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:00am
"Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country," A Conversation with Diane Francis
March 19, 2014 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute