The Canada Institute proudly presents the seventh publication in its One Issue, Two Voices series, which addresses Canada-U.S. competitiveness and productivity.
Jack Layton, leader of Canada's New Democratic Party (NDP), discussed ways for progressive leaders in the United States and Canada to work together to address the major issues facing middle-class families across North America. At the event, hosted by the Canada Institute, he explained how universal health care coverage in the United States would benefit the U.S. economy and improve the quality of life of millions of Americans.
Canada Institute public policy scholar Laura Dawson speaks to news media about the new Beyond the Border action plan and what it means for the U.S.-Canada relationship in light of the Keystone XL pipeline delay.
A discussion of America’s borders with Wilson Center’s Canada Institute David Biette and Christopher Wilson, an associate with the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute