The "Toward a North American Community Conference?" hosted by the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars' Canada Institute, Mexico Institute, and Project on America and the Global Economy, examined the current relationship between Canada, the United States, and Mexico, and investigated the future of North American integration.
Attempted cyber attacks on critical infrastructure occur daily throughout the world. And the job of protecting critical infrastructure from potentially catastrophic disruptions is a 24-7 undertaking. Leading cyber security expert Mark Fabro discusses the U.S. and Canadian efforts to protect the North American power grid.
Louise Fréchette, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations, was a panelist in a forum hosted by the Woodrow Wilson Center, and co-sponsored by the United Nations Association of the Capitol Area. Ms. Fréchette was born in Montréal and began her distinguished career in foreign service in the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.
A new report from Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar Nik Nanos explores the changing energy landscape in the United States and Canada and identifies energy policy risks and opportunities.
Americans and Canadians cooperate closely on many issues, but their views differ on politics and security. Public Policy Scholar Stephen Brooks discusses his research on this divide and looks at how other Western democracies view the United States.
Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar Nik Nanos discussed his firms recent polling of North American energy opinions with the CBC.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
March 14, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:00am
"Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country," A Conversation with Diane Francis
March 19, 2014 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute