The international conference "France, Europe, and Vietnam since 1954" will take place in Paris from January 16-18, 2014.
CWIHP e-Dossier No. 9
CWIHP is pleased to announce the release of six new documents translated into English for the first time. In CWIHP e-Dossier No. 42, Larry L. Watts describes Romanian efforts to dismantle Soviet espionage networks and remove active intelligence agents from the country, including the Soviet wives of high-level Romanian officers.
New research is shedding additional historical light on the Cold War's iconic nuclear standoff between the US and USSR. CONTEXT has been looking back on what we're learning with an eye toward the lessons that apply today. In part 4 of our "On The Brink" series, James Hershberg tells us why new documents show us that, "this is not our parent's Cuban Missile Crisis."
On September 8 and 9, 2003, the Woodrow Wilson Center's Cold War International History Project hosted a pioneering international conference on Cold War commemorative efforts. The meeting was co-sponsored by the Association of Air Force Missileers, the Cold War Museum, the German Historical Institute (Washington, DC), the Harry S. Truman Library, the Kennan Institute; in cooperation with the Norwegian Aviation Museum, the Eisenhower Foundation and Eisenhower Presidential Library, and the National Coalition for History; and with generous financial support from the Boeing Company and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
Subscribe to CWIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- James Person // Senior Program Associate
- Laura Deal // Catalog Specialist
- Pieter Biersteker // Editorial Assistant
- Charles Kraus // Program Assistant
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant