The Kennan Kyiv Project has moved to a new location.
Edited by Mark D. Steinberg and Catherine Wanner
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #192, 1984. PDF 60 pages.
In this address at the Kennan Institute Annual Dinner, Richard N. Haass, Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Department of State, outlined the key objectives for U.S. foreign policy at what he considers a juncture when Americans need to think more long term about the U.S. role in the world. Haass, the twentieth person to hold the position of Director of Policy Planning, credited George F. Kennan, the first to hold the position, for his vision, calling his tenure: "the golden era of policy planning."
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute