Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #91, 1980. PDF 18 pages.
As war again looms over the Middle East, the world has looked to the so-called “Russian proposal” to keep the peace. Responding to an off the cuff comment by US Secretary of State John Kerry, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s administration has designed a deal whereby Syria would surrender its chemical weapons to international control in order to avoid a US-led military strike to take them out.
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Papers Series #292, 2005. PDF 106 pages.
March 13, 2014 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
March 18, 2014 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute