In this address at the Kennan Institute Annual Dinner, Richard N. Haass, Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Department of State, outlined the key objectives for U.S. foreign policy at what he considers a juncture when Americans need to think more long term about the U.S. role in the world. Haass, the twentieth person to hold the position of Director of Policy Planning, credited George F. Kennan, the first to hold the position, for his vision, calling his tenure: "the golden era of policy planning."
Solovki: Architectural Heritage in Photographs has recently been published by "Tri Kvadrata" publishers in Moscow with the support of the Kennan Institute.
Contact the Kennan Institute
September 08, 2014 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
Eastern Europe’s Most Difficult Transition: Public Health and Demographic Policy, Two Decades after the Cold War
September 23, 2014 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute