June 26, 2006 // 8:00am — 1:00pm
This event was cosponsored with the National Defense University's Institute for National Strategic Studies.
June 21, 2006 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Magda Gohar-Chrobog, President, Managing Global Communications LLC
June 07, 2006 // 8:30am — 12:00pm
The Woodrow Wilson Center hosted a conference about the challenges of fostering effective cooperation between military and civilian actors in stabilization and reconstruction operations.
May 10, 2006 // 8:30am — 1:00pm
Politics and diplomacy are intertwined now more than ever in the ongoing search for Arab-Israeli peace. Following Hamas' political victory and the results of the Israeli election in March, this conference will examine Palestinian and Israeli politics and their impact on the peace process.
May 08, 2006 // 3:00pm — 5:00pm
Five mayors from municipalities along the Jordan River and Dead Sea, as well as representatives from Friends of the Earth Middle East, explore ways to use cross-border water and sanitation cooperation to restore the region's vitality and to build literal and metaphorical bridges.
May 05, 2006 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
This event, cosponsored with the Initiative for Inclusive Security, featured members of the International Women's Commission for a Just and Sustainable Palestinian-Israeli Peace.
May 01, 2006 // 8:30am — 3:00pm
In this conference, speakers discussed progress toward the empowerment of women in the Middle East and North Africa. The first panel examined the status of women in a select number of countries in the region, focusing on women's rights and civil society, and examining developments in women's political participation and legal rights. The second panel focused on the experiences of women in peacebuilding and conflict resolution.
April 20, 2006 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
with His Excellency Fuad Abdul Basset Siniora, Prime Minister of Lebanon
April 18, 2006 // 12:00am
with Kim Cragin, International Policy Analyst, RAND Corporation
April 11, 2006 // 9:30am — 10:30am
Yahia Said, Director, Iraq Revenue Watch Initiative, Open Society Institute; Research Fellow, Centre for the Study of Global Governance, London School of Economics
Experts & Staff
- Henri J. Barkey // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Craig Romano // Program Assistant
- Ismail Alexandrani // Visiting Arab Journalist
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Laura Blumenfeld // Public Policy Fellow
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Jeffrey Goldberg // Distinguished Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director Emerita, Middle East Program