January 27, 2006 // 11:30am — 1:00pm
Hossein Hafezian, Senior Research Fellow, Center for Scientific Research and Middle East Strategic Studies, Tehran; Commentator: Hadi Semati, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center, and Professor of Political Science, Faculty of Law and Political Science, Tehran University.
January 26, 2006 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Video of this event is available here. Chibli Mallat, Candidate for the Presidency of Lebanon; European Union Jean Monnet Professor in Law, Saint-Joseph University, Beirut; Director, Center for the Study of the European Union; Faculty of the Rue Havelin, Beirut.
January 25, 2006 // 10:30am — 12:00pm
A Director's Forum with Saad Hariri, Leader of the Future Bloc in the Lebanese Parliament. Video of this event is now available.
January 19, 2006 // 10:00am — 11:00am
Hanaa Edwar, General Secretary, Iraqi Al-Amal Association; Founder, Iraqi Women's Network. Basma Fakri, Co-founder and President, Women's Alliance for a Democratic Iraq. Zakia Hakki, Member, Iraqi National Assembly; Former Member, Constitutional Drafting Committee. Mishkat Al Moumin, Former Minister of Environment, Iraqi Interim Government. Ala Noori Talabani, Member, Iraqi National Assembly; Co-founder, Women for a Free Iraq; Co-founder, Iraqi Women's High Council; Active Member, Kurdistan Women Union.
December 13, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Goli Emami, Manager, Farzan Publishers, Tehran, Iran.
December 09, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Emad El-Din Shahin, Associate Professor, American University in Cairo;Visiting Associate Professor, Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, Georgetown University.
December 05, 2005 // 9:00am — 10:00am
With H.E. Hedayat Amin Arsala, Senior Advisor to the President and Minister of Commerce of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; and Special Guests H.E. Said Tayeb Jawad, Afghan Ambassador to the United States; and Dr. Omar Zakhilwal, President and CEO of the Afghan Investment Support Agency
November 15, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Amatzia Baram, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center, and Professor, Department of Middle East History, University of Haifa, Israel; Rajiv Chandrasekaran, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center, and Former Washington Post Baghdad Bureau Chief (April 2003-October 2004).
November 08, 2005 // 11:00pm
with Robert Einhorn, Senior Adviser, International Security Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies; former Assistant Secretary for Nonproliferation, Department of State
November 07, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Baquer Namazi, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Hamyaran, Iran NGO Resource Center, Tehran, Iran
July 13, 2015 // 9:30am — 11:00am
July 14, 2015 // 9:00am — 10:00am
Experts & Staff
- Henri J. Barkey // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Craig Romano // Program Assistant
- Ismail Alexandrani // Visiting Arab Journalist
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Laura Blumenfeld // Public Policy Fellow
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Jeffrey Goldberg // Distinguished Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director Emerita, Middle East Program