July 14, 2005 // 12:00pm — 1:30pm
Bijan Khajehpour, Atieh Bahar Consulting, Tehran, Iran; John W. Garver, Sam Nunn School of International Affairs, Georgia Institute of Technology.This event is cosponsored with the Asia Program.
July 07, 2005 // 8:30am — 1:15pm
This event is cosponsored with National Defense University's Institute for National Strategic Studies.
June 20, 2005 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
with Angel Rabasa, Senior Policy Analyst, RAND Corporation
June 14, 2005 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Sameena Nazir, Director, Survey of Women's Rights in the Middle East and North Africa, and Senior Research Coordinator, Freedom House, New York;Amal Rassam, Iraq Specialist, and Writer, Iraq Report, Survey of Women's Rights; Catherine D. Bellafronto, Master of Science in Foreign Service Candidate, Georgetown University. This event is co-sponsored by Freedom House.
June 08, 2005 // 2:00pm — 3:30pm
A Panel Discussion with Yuri Dzhibladze (Russia)—President of the Center for the Development of Democracy and Human Rights, Moscow, Russia; Gustavo Gallón (Colombia)—Director of the Colombian Commission ofJurists, Bogotá, Colombia;Nozima Kamalova (Uzbekistan)—Legal Aid Society, Tashkent, UzbekistanVideo of this event is now available.
June 08, 2005 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Dr. Angel Foster discusses gender-based violence in Tunisia and Jordan, focusing on community-based efforts in these countries to address honor killings and domestic violence This event is co-sponsored by ECSP, and supported by USAID's Office of Population and Reproductive Health and the Interagency Gender Working Group.
June 01, 2005 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Findings and Recommendations Presented by: Elizabeth H. Prodromou, Commissioner; Felice D. Gaer, Vice Chair; Nina Shea, Vice Chair.Commentator: Saad Eddin Ibrahim,Woodrow Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar; Professor of Political Sociology at the American University in Cairo; Chairman of the Board, Ibn Khaldun Center for Development Studies, Cairo, Egypt.This event is cosponsored with the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom.
May 25, 2005 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
Featuring Gareth Porter, Independet Scholar; Commentary by John Prados, National Security Archive
May 25, 2005 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Roksana Bahramitash, Simone de Beauvoir Institute, Concordia University.
May 23, 2005 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
with Martha Crenshaw, Professor of Government, Wesleyan UniversityVideo of this event is now available.
June 02, 2015 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
June 03, 2015 // 10:00am — 11:00am
June 03, 2015 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Romano // Program Assistant
- Ismail Alexandrani // Visiting Arab Journalist
- Ghasaq Basel Abd Al-Raheem //
- Mohammed Al-Shami //
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Laura Blumenfeld // Public Policy Fellow
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Jeffrey Goldberg // Distinguished Fellow
- Lilia Labidi // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Max Rodenbeck // Fellow
- Joseph Sassoon // Fellow
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar