July 14, 2004 // 10:00am — 11:00am
This event will be rescheduled. Check back for the new date. A Director's Forum with the Honorable Tommy G. Thompson, Secretary of Health and Human Services
July 08, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Anthony Shadid, 2004 Pulitzer Prize winner, Islamic correspondent for the Washington Post; current visiting Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center
July 07, 2004 // 12:00am
This meeting was the first in a series of six that examines the intersection of reproductive health and gender issues in the Islamic world. This meeting provides an overview of general demographics in the region, and the perspectives of Islam on family planning and contraceptive use.
June 17, 2004 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
Editors Mark J. Gasiorowski and Malcolm Byrne will present findings from their recent collaboration Mohammad Mosaddeq and the 1953 Coup in Iran. The book examines the turbulent political climate that prevailed in Iran during Mosaddeq's tenure, the strategic considerations that led U.S. officials to opt for a coup, and the details of the coup itself. Based on exhaustive research, this is an authoritative account of the tragic events that led to the overthrow of Mosaddeq, including recent declassification of CIA documents regarding the 1953 coup that overthrew Mohammad Mossadeq's government in Iran.
June 15, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Farideh Lashaii, Iranian artist
June 04, 2004 // 9:00am — 2:00pm
This event is co-sponsored with the Israeli Policy Forum.
June 03, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Nermin Abadan Unat, Professor, Department of Political Science and International Relations, Bogazici University (University of the Bosphorus), Istanbul
June 02, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Ephraim Yuchtman-Ya'ar, Head of the Steinmetz Center for Peace Research, Tel Aviv University; Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center
May 28, 2004 // 10:00am — 11:00am
A Director's Forum with Shirin Ebadi, 2003 Nobel Peace Prize Winner; Iranian human rights lawyer.
May 27, 2004 // 8:30am — 2:00pm
This event is co-Sponsored with The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
August 25, 2014 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar