March 09, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
March 07, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Fatima Sbaity-Kassem, Director, Center for Women, ESCWA (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia), Beirut, Lebanon. This event is co-sponsored by the Conflict Prevention Project.
March 01, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:30pm
Rami G. Khouri, Editor-at-large, The Daily Star, Beirut, Lebanon. Video of this event is now available.
March 01, 2005 // 1:00am — 3:30pm
The Canada Institute and the Middle East Program hosted a conference to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the presentation of the Congressional Gold Medal Award to Ken Taylor, the former Canadian ambassador to Iran. Taylor received the medal for his role in providing safe haven to six Americans during the crisis and planning their successful evacuation from Iran.
February 24, 2005 // 8:00am — 10:00am
Opening Remarks: Ambassador Hattie Babbitt, Senior Vice-President, Hunt Alternatives Fund; Johanna Mendelson-Foreman, Senior Program Officer for Peace, Security, and Human Rights, United Nations Foundation.Speakers: Emem Okon, Program Officer, Niger Delta Women for Justice; Sanam Anderlini, former Policy Commission Director, Inclusive Security: Women Waging Peace; Mildred Sandi, President, DP Foundation and member, Southern African Conflict Prevention Network; Alexandra Belandia, former Culture Director, Universidad Santa María.This event is co-sponsored with the Conflict Prevention Project and Africa Program of the Wilson Center, and Inclusive Security: Women Waging Peace.
February 17, 2005 // 7:30am — 9:30am
Ami Pedahzur, Deputy Chair, National Security Studies Center, Haifa University; currently the Donald D. Harrington Fellow, University of Texas at Austin.Co-sponsored with the the RAND Corporation and the U.S. Army's Eisenhower National Security Series.
February 16, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Speaker: Trudy Rubin, Foreign Affairs Columnist, The Philadelphia Inquirer
February 09, 2005 // 11:30am — 1:00pm
Ken Pollack, Director of Research, Saban Center for Middle East Policy, and Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy Studies, The Brookings Institution; Hadi Semati, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center, and Professor of Political Science, Faculty of Law and Political Science, Tehran University, Iran.The video of this event is available here.
February 03, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:15pm
Yitzhak Nakash, Current Woodrow Wilson Center Fellow; Associate Professor of Middle East History, Brandeis University. This event is co-sponsored with the Conflict Prevention Project and the Middle East Program. The video of this event is available here.
January 25, 2005 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Clayton Swisher, C&O Resources
April 27, 2015 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Romano // Program Assistant
- Ismail Alexandrani // Visiting Arab Journalist
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Jeffrey Goldberg // Distinguished Fellow
- Roya Hakakian // Fellow
- Lilia Labidi // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Max Rodenbeck // Fellow
- Joseph Sassoon // Fellow
- Abdulkader Sinno // Fellow
- Samir Sumaida’ie // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar