Aaron David Miller writes for CNN.com that Obama and Netanyahu may have less reason to fight each other following elections in both the U.S. and Israel.
Former Wilson Center Fellow Samer Shehata is the editor of a newly published book: Islamist Politics in the Middle East: Movements and Change (Routledge). Shehata wrote the book’s introduction and one of the chapters entitled “Political Da‘wa: Understanding the Muslim Brotherhood’s Participation in Semi-Authoritarian Elections.” He was a Fellow at the Center in 2008-2009.
The Middle East Program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is pleased to announce the 2014 competition for the Wilson Center's Visiting Arab Journalist Program. One Arab, Middle Eastern or North African journalist will be selected each year. Successful applicants will spend 3 months in residence at the Woodrow Wilson Center, in the heart of Washington, D.C., where they will carry out advanced, policy-oriented research and writing. This program is made possible by generous financial support provided by Dr. David Ottaway, a Senior Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center.
The next year may be more turbulent than the last one. Handled well, it could also be more productive, writes Robin Wright in The New York Times.
By Michael Adler, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center
"Even as we work to stabilize the region, we absolutely must keep in mind the end game. For al Qaeda and the rest of the transnational jihadist movement, the brass ring remains a major attack on Western soil," writes Jane Harman.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Mona Youssef // Program Associate
- Kendra Heideman // Program Assistant
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Shlomi Eldar // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar