Former Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar Moushira Khattab was informed by No Peace Without Justice that on December 20, at its 67th Ordinary Session, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) will adopt the Resolution “Intensifying Global Efforts for the elimination of female genital mutilation.”
An offer of immunity for Assad would save many lives and deal a blow to Iran, Wilson Center President Jane Harman writes in The Wall Street Journal.
Aaron David Miller considers three core questions that need answering about the military action the president is about to authorize in Syria.
Below are pieces from current and former Wilson Center experts available on the Iran Primer blog website at http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog.
By choosing the candidate least identified with the recent policies of the ruling system, a majority sent a strong message to the Supreme Leader and the regime, writes Haleh Esfandiari, in the New York Time's "Room for Debate" section.
Iraqis are heading to the polls at the end of April. More important than the results of these elections are fundamental issues confronting the country such as the economy's utter reliance on oil, the prevalence of corruption in every sector, and the deepening sectarianism that is impacting political and economic decisions.
Jane Harman and Aaron David Miller comment on U.S.-Israeli relations in light of the election.
With the adoption of a new constitution in January 2004 and elections slated for September 2004, Afghanistan stands at a critical turning point in its political development. This Special Report examines the challenges facing Afghanistan in its quest for democracy and stability.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar