Italian Daily Il Messaggero covers NPIHP's inaugural Nuclear Boot Camp in Allumiere, Italy
This dossier deals with a little known episode in the history of Brazil’s nuclear program: South Africa’s attempt to cooperate with Brazil.
Several articles appeared in South Asian newspapers covering William Burr's latest Research Update, "The Nixon Administration and the Indian Nuclear Program, 1972-1974."
Findings that General Zia Had “Lied” About Pakistani Nuclear Activities Conflicted with U.S. Afghanistan Priority
This research update co-published with the National Security Archive includes the publication of recently declassified satellite photographs of the South African Nuclear Test site from 1977, a new release of a CIA report on the September 1979 South Atlantic Mystery Flash, and Department of Energy and Defense Intelligence Agency Reports illuminating pre-war controversy over the Iraqi procurement of aluminum tubes for an alleged gas centrifuge program
In CWIHP Working Paper No. 65, Larry L. Watts argues that Soviet propaganda campaigns against Romania presaged similar operations against China, may have had a direct influence on the development of later anti-Chinese structures and tactics, and were continued after the anti-Chinese effort concluded in 1986.
The Nuclear Proliferation International History Project is pleased to announce the publication of the latest NPIHP Research Update by William Burr, senior analyst at the National Security Archive. The paper, U.S. Secret Assistance to the French Nuclear Program, 1969-1975: From "Fourth Country" to Strategic Partner features sixty-six new documents on U.S. assistance to the French nuclear program and the debate in Washington surrounding the French decision to 'go nuclear.'
Subscribe to NPIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- Leopoldo Nuti // Co-Director, Nuclear Proliferation International History Project; Public Policy Scholar
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant
- CIMA—Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies
- Department of Contemporary History/University of Vienna
- East China Normal University—Center for Cold War International History Studies
- ETH Zurich—Center for Security Studies
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas—Center for the Documentation of the Contemporary History of Brazil
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- Interdisciplinary Center Herzilya
- James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Monash South Africa
- The National Security Archive
- The University of Texas at Austin’s Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law
- Global Insecurities Centre, University of Bristol
- Stockholm University Graduate School of International Studies Stockholm University