The latest addition to the NPIHP Working Paper series explores the history of the relationship between Soviet Union and China during the 1950s and 1960s as China sought to develop a nuclear weapon with Soviet scientific and technological assistance.
The Sixth Annual European Summer School on Cold War History is now accepting applications. It will be held at the Università di Trento from 4-6 September 2014.
New report by Christoph Laucht details proceedings of conference on IAEA history organized by NPIHP Partners Oliver Rathkolb and Elisabeth Roehrlich.
The Nuclear Proliferation International History Project’s (NPIHP’s) first annual Nuclear Boot Camp was a 9 day full-immersion course on the most important topics and themes in the history of nuclear arms.
Despite their recent popularity and apparent utility, civil nuclear cooperation agreement negotiations are fraught with the possibility of deception as evidence from Romania in the 1960s and 1970s suggests.
"United States-South African Nuclear Relations During the Cold War and Beyond"
NPIHP has just published two new Research Updates in cooperation with the Fundacao Getulio Vargas (FGV) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Today's releases document Brazil's earliest efforts to cooperate with Argentina on nuclear issues, as well as South Africa's attempt in the late 1970s to work with Brazil on nuclear technology development.
Fourth Annual European Summer School on Cold War History at the Università di Trento, 5-8 September 2012
Subscribe to NPIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- Leopoldo Nuti // Co-Director, Nuclear Proliferation International History Project; Public Policy Scholar
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant
- CIMA—Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies
- Department of Contemporary History/University of Vienna
- East China Normal University—Center for Cold War International History Studies
- ETH Zurich—Center for Security Studies
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas—Center for the Documentation of the Contemporary History of Brazil
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- Interdisciplinary Center Herzilya
- James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Monash South Africa
- The National Security Archive
- The University of Texas at Austin’s Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law
- Global Insecurities Centre, University of Bristol
- Stockholm University Graduate School of International Studies Stockholm University