Aimed at building a new generation of experts on the international history of nuclear weapons, the third-annual Nuclear Boot Camp will be hosted by the University of Roma Tre and the Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies (CIMA) in the village of Allumiere near Rome, Italy for ten days beginning in late June 2013
Sergey Radchenko writes in Foreign Policy on Mao and Stalin’s first awkward meeting and what it tells us about Xi Jinping’s confident trip this week to see Vladimir Putin.
NPIHP and the Fundacao Getulio Vargas are pleased to announce the publication of two new Research Updates on Brazil's nuclear cooperation with Iraq and Argentina.
NPIHP Experts Leopoldo Nuti and Vladislav Zubok are featured in a new documentary on the US Jupiter missiles stationed in Italy
The University of Bristol Global Insecurities Centre (GIC) Nuclear Insecurities Working Group will host a one day workshop on the the theory, practice, and political effects of the civil-military nuclear distinction. The workshop will be held at the University of Bristol, UK at 10:30AM on Tuesday, 13-May-2014.
India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has just announced the impending release of 220,000 newly declassified files on India's foreign policy history. Speaking at an NPIHP-Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) workshop on "The Early Years of Nuclear Cooperation and Non-Proliferation" in New Delhi, MEA Special Secretary Pinak Chakravarty explained that "It is understandable that the historical evolution of our nuclear policy and development of strategic thinking in this area is a matter of considerable academic interest ... We welcome academic inquiry and analysis on this subject."
Subscribe to NPIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- Leopoldo Nuti // Co-Director, Nuclear Proliferation International History Project; Public Policy Scholar
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant
- CIMA—Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies
- Department of Contemporary History/University of Vienna
- East China Normal University—Center for Cold War International History Studies
- ETH Zurich—Center for Security Studies
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas—Center for the Documentation of the Contemporary History of Brazil
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- Interdisciplinary Center Herzilya
- James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Monash South Africa
- The National Security Archive
- The University of Texas at Austin’s Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law
- Global Insecurities Centre, University of Bristol
- Stockholm University Graduate School of International Studies Stockholm University