In this op-ed, Robin Wright provides a scorecard on how the U.S.-Russia deal to rid Syria of its chemical weapons may play out for some of the key players.
As war again looms over the Middle East, the world has looked to the so-called “Russian proposal” to keep the peace. Responding to an off the cuff comment by US Secretary of State John Kerry, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s administration has designed a deal whereby Syria would surrender its chemical weapons to international control in order to avoid a US-led military strike to take them out.
Russia gained in Navalny a new, bright, courageous political leader on the national level.
According to Reut, Navalny is an illusion of a real alternative to the current government.
A striking example to the discredit of the institution of Russian elections came from Volgograd.
Interview with Kennan Institute's new director, Matthew Rojansky, in the upcoming issues of Kennan Moscow Project's Fall issue of Vestnik.
The St. Petersburg-based political analyst Grigoriy Golosov divided the events of last Sunday in two: what happened in Moscow and what happened in the rest of Russia.
The Kennan Institute and the Global Europe Program kicked off the year with a scholar luncheon. Directors Christian Ostermann and Matthew Rojansky highlighted their interest in inter-program and inter-scholar cooperation and dialogue. The lunch was held as an informal starting point for fruitful collaboration between scholars with intersecting academic interests.
Russia highly values its BRICS membership and wants to deepen its cooperation even as the economic dynamism behind the original concept has begun to run out of steam, writes William Pomeranz on CNN.com.
While low expectations surround the G20 meeting in St. Petersburg, there is one timely matter that resonates with Washington, Moscow, and the entire G20 — the continuing fight against offshore tax havens, writes William Pomeranz.
December 02, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:30am
December 05, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:30am
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Yaroslav Pylynskyi // Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nataliya Samozvanova // Office Manager, Kennan Institute in Ukraine