The late George F. Kennan formulated the tenets that would guide U.S. policy toward the Soviet Union for a half-century. A Kennan Institute conference in February commemorated the ideas and ideals of this public intellectual who was both an extraordinary diplomat and scholar.
Margaret Paxson, a senior associate at the Wilson Center's Kennan Institute, received high praise for her most recent book, Solovyovo: The Story of Memory in a Russian Village.
The Kennan Institute is accepting applications for the 2007 Title VIII Research Workshop Series on "International Development Assistance in the Post-Soviet Space." The Workshop Series is designed to serve as a forum in which junior scholars (pre-tenure), who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, from a variety of disciplines discuss different aspects of development assistance programs, share research findings, and provide policy recommendations. Applications are due on January 1, 2007
IREX is accepting applications for grants to U.S. junior scholars to participate in the 2007 Regional Policy Symposium on the Former Soviet Republics of Central Asia and the Contemporary Silk Road. The application deadline is December 1, 2006.
The gift will help to underwrite an annual awards dinner, as well as to support Kennan Institute programming.
Davis and family will receive the Wilson Center's Woodrow Wilson Award for Public Service, and Tyson will receive the Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship at the Kennan Institute's annual dinner on September 19, 2006.
The Kennan Institute has selected Stergos Kaloudis as the 2006-07 Robert H. Baraz Memorial Research Intern.
Contact the Kennan Institute
- Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholarships
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Short-Term Grant
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Summer Research Scholarships
- Internships with the Kennan Institute
- Galina Starovoitova Fellowship on Human Rights and Conflict Resolution
- Program Associate- Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute