The American-Russian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ARCCI) has selected the Wilson Center's Kennan Institute to receive a Golden Galaxy Award.
Totma: Architectural Heritage in Photographs has recently been published by the "Tri Kvadrata" publishers in Moscow with the support of the Kennan Institute. This will be the first of a series of books examining the architecture of towns in Russia.
The Kennan Institute will be hosting an opening reception for the exhibit "Remembering the Orange Revolution: Images from Kyiv and Lviv" from 4:00 to 6:00 pm on Friday, November 18.
The Kennan Institute and IREX are accepting applications for grants to U.S. junior scholars to participate in the 2006 Regional Policy Symposium on EU and NATO Member States and Their Eastern Borderlands. The application deadline is December 2, 2005.
Maria Vassilieva has been selected as the Robert H. Baraz Memorial Intern for the 2005-06 program year.
On Thursday, May 26, 2005, Ambassador Thomas R. Pickering, Senior Vice President of The Boeing Company, and Vagit Alekperov, President of LUKOIL, will be honored by the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars of the Smithsonian Institution. Ambassador Pickering will receive the Woodrow Wilson Award for Public Service, and Mr. Alekperov will receive the Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship at a dinner to benefit the Wilson Center's Kennan Institute.
A memorial service for Kennan Institute co-founder George F. Kennan was held at the National Cathedral on 6 April 2005. The following are the remarks made by Kennan Institute Director Blair A. Ruble at the service.
The Wilson Center's staff and scholars offer condolences to the family of George F. Kennan, (1904-2005), a historian and diplomat whose thinking redefined America's policy toward Russia during the Cold War.
The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and the Woodrow Wilson Center's Kennan Institute present an International Conference on: "Commercial Law Reform in Russia and Eurasia" Friday-Saturday, 8-9 April 2005
Contact the Kennan Institute
- Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholarships
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Short-Term Grant
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Summer Research Scholarships
- Internships with the Kennan Institute
- Galina Starovoitova Fellowship on Human Rights and Conflict Resolution
- Program Associate- Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute