The Kennan Institute and National Public Radio are pleased to announce the establishment of an online audio archive of Soviet and Russian history. Originally stored on a collection of audio tapes, the Institute recently had the collection digitized into mp3 format.
The Woodrow Wilson Center is now taking applications for the position of Program Specialist. The deadline for this job is April 16, 2007.
Solikamsk: Architectural Heritage in Photographs has recently been published by the "Tri Kvadrata" publishers in Moscow with the support of the Kennan Institute.
The Kennan Institute is now taking applications for the position of Deputy Director. The vacancy is anticipated for August 2007.
The late George F. Kennan formulated the tenets that would guide U.S. policy toward the Soviet Union for a half-century. A Kennan Institute conference in February commemorated the ideas and ideals of this public intellectual who was both an extraordinary diplomat and scholar.
Margaret Paxson, a senior associate at the Wilson Center's Kennan Institute, received high praise for her most recent book, Solovyovo: The Story of Memory in a Russian Village.
The Kennan Institute is accepting applications for the 2007 Title VIII Research Workshop Series on "International Development Assistance in the Post-Soviet Space." The Workshop Series is designed to serve as a forum in which junior scholars (pre-tenure), who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, from a variety of disciplines discuss different aspects of development assistance programs, share research findings, and provide policy recommendations. Applications are due on January 1, 2007
IREX is accepting applications for grants to U.S. junior scholars to participate in the 2007 Regional Policy Symposium on the Former Soviet Republics of Central Asia and the Contemporary Silk Road. The application deadline is December 1, 2006.
December 02, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:30am
December 05, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:30am
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Yaroslav Pylynskyi // Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nataliya Samozvanova // Office Manager, Kennan Institute in Ukraine