"I worked as a U.S. negotiator on the Arab-Israeli conflict for almost 20 years, and nobody ever lost money betting against peace," writes Aaron David Miller. "When mediators do succeed, it's largely because the locals are ready for a deal – and a need a third party."
The Middle East Program will send out the latest developments on women’s issues in the Middle East and North Africa region on a bi-monthly basis.
As Secretary of State John Kerry implores an end to the current crisis in the Middle East, violence continues in the region. Jane Harman joins NOW With Alex Wagner to discuss on MSNBC.
Netanyahu has now laid out a different vision for an acceptable endgame -- the "demilitarization" of Gaza, writes Aaron David Miller. Is he serious and is a demilitarized Gaza really possible?
Transcript for a panel discussion on the challenges of researching and writing on recent Middle East history.
After days of ominous buildup, it’s finally happening: Israel has launched a ground incursion into Gaza. Aaron David Miller explains why Bibi did it.
On the eve of the latest deadline for a potential deal with Iran over its nuclear program, Robert Litwak has authored an insightful study that considers the technical and political contexts for a possible resolution. He identifies a core question --- Is Iran a “revolutionary state” or an “ordinary country”?
Israel and Hamas may be mortal enemies, but they have a history of "deriving the maximum benefit from one another," writes Aaron David Miller.
Director Jane Harman discusses the escalating violence between Israel and the Palestinians and the immigration crisis on CBS News' Talk of the Nation with Gerald Seib, Danielle Pletka, and Nia-Malika Henderson.
Yes, Israelis and Palestinians have entered yet another violent round in their seemingly interminable conflict. How did they get into this mess? And, more important, how are they going to get out of it? As we watch the fighting escalate, here are five myths that need correcting.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Mona Youssef // Program Associate
- Kendra Heideman // Program Assistant
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Shlomi Eldar // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar