Jane Harman appears on MSNBC's Morning Joe to discuss allegations of chemical weapon use in Syria.
Aaron David Miller writes that John Kerry may prove to be a more successful U.S. Secretary of State than Hillary Clinton.
Prime Minister Salam Fayyad's resignation has the potential to inject clarity and honesty into the region's problems, writes Aaron David Miller in this op-ed from The Los Angeles Times.
In this interview, Iran nuclear expert Michael Adler describes the outcome of the latest P5+1 talks in Kazakhstan.
Once again, talks between the international community, led by the United States, and Iran have failed to reach an agreement. Talks in Almaty, Kazakhstan, last Friday and Saturday, ended in a stalemate, writes Michael Adler.
"This is not just a Syria problem, this is a world problem. I think we have reached the tipping point. This opposition or what is good about it…has got to get more support from the United States and it has to be known that we are helping,” said Jane Harman on MSNBC's Morning Joe.
The Obama administration is stepping up support for rebels in Syria’s civil war. Distinguished Scholar Robin Wright discusses U.S. leverage in Syria and America's role in the Middle East on the Diane Rehm Show.
Jane Harman joins a panel on MSNBC’s Morning Joe to discuss the U.S. position on Syria in the context of reports of chemical weapons use and the 10-year anniversary of the Iraq War.
One presidential visit won’t forge a reconciliation. But increasing pressures to manage the Iranian nuclear issue, the peace process and Netanyahu’s need to remain relevant in his new government just might, writes Aaron David Miller in The Washington Post.
In the wake of the Arab Spring, women are not participating in the drafting of new constitutions and political violence against them is on the rise. In this interview, Special Representative to Civil Society for the League of Arab States Haifa Abu Ghazaleh discusses the challenges women of the MENA region are facing in the post-Arab Spring period and prospects for their future.
December 01, 2014 // 10:00am — 11:00am
December 01, 2014 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Romano // Program Assistant
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Roya Hakakian // Fellow
- Lilia Labidi // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Joseph Sassoon // Fellow
- Abdulkader Sinno // Fellow
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar