By David B. Ottaway, Senior Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center and former Bureau Chief, Washington Post, Cairo
By Michael Adler, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center
Gridlock: Labor, Migration, and Human Trafficking in Dubai by Pardis Mahdavi, former Wilson Center Fellow and Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Pomona College, was just released.
Wilson Center Fellow Jason Brownlee reports on his one-week trip to Egypt to witness the May 19 referendum on amendments to the Egyptian constitution.
David Ottaway, Senior Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, and Marina Ottaway, Director of the Middle East Program at Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, published a piece for Carnegie Endowment and for the Middle East Program at the Wilson Center on "Of Revolutions, Regime Change and State Collapse in the Arab World."
Rachid Ould Boussiafa published his project, "The Reality of Algerians in America and their Role in Rapprochement with the Islamic World" as a series of articles on the web site of Echorouk Al Yaoumi.
The age and illness of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud of Saudi Arabia have raised anew the concern that the fate of the world's key oil producer is now in the hands of an ailing gerontocracy. Wilson Center Senior Scholar David Ottaway analyzes the line to the Saudi crown.
Women in the Middle East continue to strive for equality and justice throughout the region. Several recent Middle East Program meetings explored the progress in some countries and some of the challenges that remain.
The Woodrow Wilson Center and the United States Institute of Peace announce the release of The Iran Primer: Power, Politics and U.S. Policy, an unprecedented project by 50 of the world's top scholars on Iran, edited by USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar Robin Wright.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
September 10, 2014 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar