Robert Litwak analyzes the implications of Syria for Iran’s nuclear challenge
Aaron David Miller argues that Obama's speech won't sell war-weary Americans on Syria
David Ottaway comments on President Obama's speech to Congress making his case for military action against Syria.
Robin Wright comments on President Obama's speech to Congress making his case for military action against Syria.
Haleh Esfandiari comments on President Obama's speech to Congress making his case for military action against Syria.
Wilson Center experts Haleh Esfandiari, Robert Litwak, Aaron David Miller, David Ottaway, Marina Ottaway, and Robin Wright provide reaction and analysis on President Obama's address on Syria
When you're selling the least bad option as a strategic and consequential move, you know you have a problem, writes Aaron David Miller in ForeignPolicy.com.
In this full interview with The Wall Street Journal's Jerry Seib, Aaron David Miller discusses how a U.S. military strike might take shape in Syria, what kind of retaliation a strike could provoke from Damascus and what the crisis portends for America's allies.
By having a congressional debate and resolution authorizing military action in Syria, President Obama is trying to make a virtue out of a necessity. Aaron David Miller provides four reasons it was inevitable that Obama would go to Congress on Syria.
Egyptians have embarked on yet another battle in their fight for freedom—a fight they started when they took to the streets on January 25, 2011. This fight continued in battles on June 30 and July 26, 2013. A committee of ten experts appointed by the interim president Adly Mansour has proposed a host of amendments to Egypt’s 2012 constitution—a flawed constitution by all standards. The amendments will be further examined by a committee of 50 formed on September 1, 2013 through a mixture of appointment and elections before finally being put to referendum.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
August 25, 2014 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar