The Wilson Center's History and Public Policy Program is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a Modern Korean History Summer Teaching Institute from July 23 through July 26, 2012, for 10 to 15 high school educators.
NKIDP e-Dossier No. 7, “East German Documents on Kim Il Sung’s April 1975 Trip to Beijing,” was featured widely in the South Korean press upon its release, with stories appearing in Joongang Ilbo, Donga Ilbo, and Maeil Business News, among others.
Recently released NKIDP e-Dossier No. 5, "New Romanian Evidence on the Blue House Raid and the USS Pueblo Incident," was reported on widely by the South Korean press.
Yong Kwon, a research assistant with the Wilson Center's North Korea International Documentation Project, recently published a piece on Asia Times Online.
From April 23 to 25, Wilson Center President Jane Harman was in Seoul, South Korea, at the invitation of Kyungnam University, which awarded her an honorary doctorate. While there, she met with Prime Minister Kim Hwang-Sik, Chairwoman of the Saenuri Party, Park Geun-hye, and Foreign Minister Kim Sung-Hwan.
The North Korea International Documentation Project is currently accepting internship applications for Summer 2012. The application Deadline is 31 March 2012
The Cold War International History Project is currently accepting internship applications for the Fall 2012 academic semester. Deadline to apply: 7/20
Public Policy Scholar Sangyoon Ma was interviewed by Korean televsion network JTBC about President Obama's meeting with Xi Jinping
NKIDP is pleased to welcome Korea Foundation Junior Scholar Yuree Kim to the Woodrow Wilson Center . Her project is entitled The Influence of External Factors on the Reform and Opening in China and North Korea.
NKIDP and CWIHP are pleased to welcome Wilson Center Korea Scholar Giwon Kwon. His project is entitled The History of Inter-Korean Relations from the Late 1940s to the Present.
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- James Person // Deputy Director, History and Public Policy Program; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- Charles Kraus // Program Associate
- Roy O. Kim // Program Assistant
- Jean H. Lee // Public Policy Fellow