“Immigrants aren't rushing to Moscow in search of opportunity”—President Obama recently stated in an interview with The Economist, while making a larger point about Russia’s receding role in the world. While much of his commentary on the overall state of affairs in Russia was accurate, his comments...
Corporate raiding in Ukraine is a widely discussed and reported problem that severely damages investment and economic development, prospects for European integration, and the welfare of ordinary people. Yet the phenomenon of raiding itself is only poorly understood, often either dismissed as...
Summaries of those Institute lectures of greatest relevance to the general public and policy-making community.
A series of reports - produced jointly by the Kennan Institute and the Comparative Urban Studies Program of the Woodrow Wilson Center - that examines migrant communities in Eurasian cities.
Short policy-relevant briefs from workshop participants, resident scholars and staff.
A collection of publications that touch upon the Kennan Institute's work on migration and tolerance.
A listing of the latest books from the Kennan Institute/Woodrow Wilson Center Press. The Woodrow Wilson Center Press publishes books by fellows, other resident scholars, and staff.
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Emma Dorst // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nina Rozhanovskaya // Coordinator and Academic Liaison in Russia