Visiting Assistant Professor, Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences; Legal Counsel, OOO Dental Import
Andrey Medvedev is Visiting Assistant Professor of the Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences and legal counsel of a foreign trade company. He teaches courses on comparative law. Andrey started his career in late 90th as civil servant. He worked in legal department of energy company during reorganization of RAO UES. In mid 2000th he was Certified Tax Consultant. In 2006-2008 he did postgrad...
Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine
Assistant Professor, Department of History, Wesleyan University
VICTORIA SMOLKIN-ROTHROCK is Assistant Professor of Russian History at Wesleyan University (Middletown, Connecticut). She completed her Ph.D. at the University of California-Berkeley in 2010. Her publications include: “The Confession of an Atheist Who Became a Scholar of Religion”: Nikolai Semenovich Gordienko’s Last Interview,” Kritika (Summer 2014), and “The Ti...
Opinion Page Editor, Vedomosti Daily, Russia
Former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Belarus from 1994-1997 and to Georgia from 1998-2001
Ambassador (ret.) Kenneth Yalowitz served as a U.S. Foreign Service Officer for 36 years and was twice an ambassador: to Belarus from1994-1997; and Georgia from 1998-2001. He also served in Moscow (two tours), The Hague and the US Mission to NATO in Brussels. He was chosen for the Ambassador Robert Frasure award for peacemaking and conflict prevention in 2000 for his work preventing sp...
Professor of Modern History of Ukraine, Ukrainian Catholic University
Oleksandr Zaytsev was born in 1964 in Lviv, Ukraine. He graduated from the History Faculty of the Ivan Franko Lviv State University in 1986. During 1987-2004 he worked at the Department of History, Ukrainian State University of Forestry and Wood Technology as a laboratory assistant, assistant lecturer, senior lecturer, and associate professor. Since 2004 — associate professor at the Departme...
Docent at the Department of History, Vyatka State Humanities University
December 02, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:30am
December 05, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:30am
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Yaroslav Pylynskyi // Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nataliya Samozvanova // Office Manager, Kennan Institute in Ukraine