ECSP Report 6: Reviews of New Publications
Experts review new publications:
- Environmental Change, Adaptation, and Security, edited by Steve C. Lonergan (1999). Reviewed by Simon Dalby.
- Ecology, Politics, and Violent Conflict, edited by Mohamed Suliman (1999). Reviewed by Leif Olhsson.
- Hydropolitics in the Third World: Conflict and Cooperation in International River Basins, by Arun P. Elhance (1999). Reviewed by Ariel Dinar and Shlomi Dinar.
- Violence Through Environmental Discrimination: Causes, Rwanda Arena, and Conflict Model, by Günther Baechler (1999). Reviewed by Simon Dalby.
- The Sustainability Challenge for Southern Africa, edited by Jim Whitman (1999). Reviewed by Shanda Leather.
- Nature’s Place: Human Population and the Future of Biological Diversity, by Richard P. Cincotta and Robert Engelman (2000). Reviewed by Jessica Powers.
- Protecting Public Health and the Environment: Implementing the Precautionary Principle, edited by Carolyn Raffensperger and Joel Tickner (1999). Reviewed by Kate O’Neill.
- Promoting Reproductive Health: Investing in Health and Development, edited by Shepard Forman and Romita Ghosh (2000). Reviewed by Simona Wexler.
- Population and the World Bank: Adapting to Change (1999). Reviewed by Clair M. Twigg.
- Coastal Waters of the World: Trends, Threats, and Strategies, by Don Hinrichsen (1998). Reviewed by Karin Mueller.
- Life Out of Bounds: Bioinvasion in a Borderless World, by Chris Bright (1998). Reviewed by Joseph P. Dudley.