Hong Kong Conference Report: Section 1 (English)
The three talks presented here opened the two-day Green NGO and Environmental Journalist Forum in Hong Kong. These talks presented an overview of green NGO development in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Taiwan and painted pictures of three diverse environmental movements. Since these movements developed independently in different political and social environments it is not surprising that there are marked variations in the character and scope of environmental NGO activities in each area. Drawing from these three talks and our work researching and setting up this forum in Hong Kong, we present this mini-essay as an attempt to pull together and compare some of the diverse development trends of environmental movements in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
- Participant List and Agenda
- Table of Contents
- Editor Commentary: Development of Environmental NGOs in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong
- The Emergence and Development of Environmental NGOs in Hong Kong
- The Growing Importance of Public Participation in China’s Environmental Movement
- The Evolution of Taiwan’s Environmental Movement