Support the Wilson Center
One cool judgement is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to be supplied is light, not heat."
President's Wilson's words are as relevant today as they were in 1916; they continue to guide the work of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. In these transitional and often fluid times, the Wilson Center has become one of the most trusted voices in the world of public policy. The demand is growing for effective policies that address the challenges of living in the modern world and the Center's mission is more important and valued than ever.
Like all presidential memorials, The Wilson Center is a private-public partnership; two-thirds of our annual budget comes from the private sector. Therefore, we ask your help to further these key goals:
- Advancing Research: Our 23 programs address current issues in virtually every region of the world.
- Sustaining our Tradition of Non-Partisan Dialogue: Participants experience the open and free exchange of ideas necessary to create good policy.
- Enriching the Experience of Visiting Scholars: Scholars come together across disciplines to exchange ideas in a stimulating atmosphere that fosters global involvement.
- Enhancing Student Intern Education: Making real world research experience available to a diverse student population.
- Fostering Intellectual Debate: Staff experts, scholars, and fellows advance their study of effective policy, enhanced by continuing support.
- Expanding our Strength, Capacity, and Reach: Bringing our scholarship and expertise to the global community.
The Wilson Legacy Society recognizes those supporters who have chosen to provide for the Wilson Center through their estates. Bequests are simple yet powerful ways to strengthen the Center and make sure our work continues. Remembering the Center in your will or revocable trust can be specified as a fixed dollar amount, a percentage of one's estate or the residual after gifts to heirs.
Your bequest can be designed to fit your personal estate plans and charitable goals; remember that a bequest may provide estate tax savings as well.
Bequests and other planned gifts go toward the Wilson Center's endowment, which helps us reach our key goals, plan for the future with assurance, take advantage of extraordinary opportunities, and weather economic and global uncertainties.
For more information about making a bequest, a charitable trust, or naming the Wilson Center as the beneficiary of your IRA or life insurance plan, contact Barbara Hall at 202-691-4172 or see the link below. All discussions will be held in strict confidence.