This event series is designed by the Wilson Center to bring its outstanding regional programs into the growing debate of energy issues in their security, economic and environmental dimensions. Led by Public Policy Scholar Jan H. Kalicki, it will address energy challenges and opportunities from the regional and geopolitical standpoints which are hallmarks of the Wilson Center.
Report from the July 1 launch of the Wilson Center’s Regional and Global Energy Series featuring former US Ambassador to Russia and Bulgaria John Beyrle, former NSC Senior Director for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia (and former US Ambassador to Kazakhstan and Georgia) William Courtney, IHS Energy’s Director, Russian and Caspian Energy (and book co-author) Julia Nanay, and State Department International Energy Coordinator, former NSC Senior Director and former US Ambassador to Ukraine and Mexico, Carlos Pascual, who explored with Jan Kalicki and David Goldwyn the energy and broader dimensions of relations with Russia and Ukraine. read more
This event focused on energy and its potential impact on future solutions to the Ukraine crisis, as well as overall relations among Russia, other Eurasian states, the European Union, and the United States. Editors of the second edition of Energy and Security (now in its second printing by Woodrow Wilson Center Press and Johns Hopkins University Press) Jan Kalicki and David Goldwyn have served in leading energy and foreign policy roles in five U.S. administrations, Democratic and Republican.
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute