Media Access to the Wilson Center
The Wilson Center welcomes all interested media to our public events and is standing by to assist with and support requests for interviews with our various staff and scholars. Because of our location in the Ronald Reagan Building, it is critical that all visiting media comply with federal security regulations when requesting access. This is especially important when bringing cameras and other equipment to the Center.
Security guards will not allow you to bring equipment into the building without prior approval. The key to a hassle-free visit to the Center is advance notification and planning. We will assist you every step of the way. Please contact Drew Sample (202-691-4379, firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin the process.
Summary and important notes/reminders:
- All persons entering the Reagan Building must present a government-issued photo ID and go through a security checkpoint.
- Video recording equipment is not permitted to enter the Building unless it has been cleared by security. In order to ensure that your camera equipment and crews are able to enter the Reagan Building without issue, please contact The Wilson Center so that we can make all necessary arrangements prior to your arrival.
- If you are bringing video recording or any other equipment to the Wilson Center or have questions about our media policy, please contact Drew Sample via email at email@example.com or by phone at 202-691-4379.
- Once inside the Center you will be escorted to an appropriate area to conduct your interviews or cover events of interest. We ask that you do not set up cameras in front of exits or stairwells and that you avoid areas being used by working staff. Drew Sample will help you secure a room or other appropriate space for filming or reporting purposes.
- We will make every effort to be flexible in meeting your needs, but the key to our being able to do so is your cooperation with the procedures outlined above.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.